The Jane is a nifty 8-harness table loom, perfect for workshops. Why? It folds to 5.5" high, even when warped. The 15.5" model is especially portable, with a handle on one side and feet on the other so you can easily carry and safely set down the loom. The beater rests at the castle so you have a deep weaving area. Elastic bands pull the harnesses down so you have a quick, clean shed change. Rather than butterfly nuts, velcro bands secure the top of the beater so reed changes are quick and easy, with no nuts to lose. The weaving widths are 15.5" for the Jane 40, 19.7" for the Jane 50, and 27.5" for the Jane 70. It comes with
- lacquered beechwood frame
- built-in raddle
- 10 dent stainless steel reed
- 300 texsolv heddles for the Jane 40, 400 for the Jane 50, and 500 for the Jane 70
- over-head beater that flips away for threading
- metal ratchets on cloth and warp beams
- rollers to reduce wear on cords
- locking mechanism to hold loom closed when folded
- side-mounted carrying handle
- tie-up and lease sticks
- 16 warp sticks
- tie-on rod for back-to front warping
Options include second warp beam and loom stand.
Dimensions for Jane 40: 22 3/8" wide; 29 1/2" deep; 25 5/8" high; weight: 23 lbs.
Dimensions for Jane 70: 34 1/4 wide; 29 1/2 deep; 25 5/8" high; weight: 31 lbs.
This loom is finished and partially assembled.
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.