Want to hear about new classes as soon as enrollment begins? Sign up for an e-mail notification!
INTRODUCTION TO INKLE WEAVING
Call it tape, ribbon, or band—it can all be done on the inkle loom. In this introductory class you will learn the parts of the inkle loom, how to make heddles, and how to choose colors for designs. You will need to bring your own inkle loom, shuttles, and 2 or more colors of 8/4 carpet warp yarn. By Audrey Lintner.
W09 Oct. 13 (Weds.), 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. 1 day $75.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
BEGINNING RIGID HEDDLE WEAVING
If you like color and texture, then weave with the simple rigid heddle loom. You will learn a fast way to thread the loom and then weave a scarf. We will provide a loom to use during class, but if you want to bring your own, be sure it is complete, assembled, and in good working condition with an 8- or 7.5-dent heddle. Materials not included.
W13 Oct. 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $95.00 By Sammy Ideus THIS CLASS IS FULL
W15 Nov. 17-18 (Weds.-Thurs.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $95.00 By Bea Bonanno THIS CLASS IS FULL
W17 Dec. 11-12 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $95.00 By Bea Bonanno THIS CLASS IS FULL
BEGINNING HARNESS WEAVING
Learn all you need to know to start weaving independently on a four-harness floor loom. Warp, weft, sett, epi, ppi, draft, tie-up and more are weaving terms you will learn. You will measure your warp, thread the loom, learn to read threading drafts, and weave a sampler of several different patterns. Your project yarn can be purchased on the first day. By Susan Bateman.
W10 Sept. 25-26 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $125.00 THIS CLASS IS FULL
W12 Oct. 16-17 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $125.00 THIS CLASS IS FULL
W14 Nov. 13-14 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $125.00 THIS CLASS IS FULL
W16 Dec. 4-5 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 2 days $125.00 THIS CLASS IS FULL
· Masks must be worn over your nose and mouth throughout class.
· Classes will have smaller maximum enrollment numbers for greater distancing.
· All class enrollments must include payment.
· Students must be 16 years or older to sign up for classes.
· Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to class starting in order to receive a refund.
· If we are threading a loom for you, cancellations must be made 7 days prior to class in order to receive a refund.
· Yarn Barn will cancel a class 3 days prior to class start if the enrollment is below the minimum number; refunds will be issued.
· Unless noted, materials are not included in the class fee; we have a recommended list of supplies for each class.
· Students will receive 15-20% off yarns during the class period.