The Yarn Barn follows Douglas County COVID recommendations. At this time, masks are not required. If the situation changes, our policy will change to reflect County recommendations. BEGINNING KNITTING CLASSES
The Yarn Barn follows Douglas County COVID recommendations. At this time, masks are not required. If the situation changes, our policy will change to reflect County recommendations.
BEGINNING KNITTING CLASSES
If you are new to knitting and want to learn or if it has been a few years since you have picked up yarn and needles, these classes are a great way to get into knitting.
INTRODUCTION TO KNITTING
In this introduction to knitting, you will learn how to start knitting (knit, purl, cast-on, bind-off) by making a sampler using bulky weight yarn. For those who do not have time for a full beginning class, this will get you up and knitting or will refresh your knitting skills from years gone by! By Cheryl Murray.
K172 Nov. 19 (Sat.), 10 a.m.-3 p.m. 1 day $40.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
INTRODUCTION TO KNITTING Part 2
You have learned to knit and purl, now it is time to add some more techniques to your knitting bag. In this class, we will review the basics and learn an alternative cast-on (or two), how to increase and decrease, create ribbing, and even make a simple cable. We will also talk about pattern reading and the importance of gauge. Boost your knitting confidence. By Cheryl Murray.
K111 Oct. 16 (Sun.), 1-4 p.m. 1 day $35.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
BEGINNING KNITTING—WARM HAT
Learn basic knitting stitches while completing your first hat. Hat will be knit in the round using the magic loop technique. You will learn the foundations of knitting by learning in the continental style. By the end of class, you will come away with a warm hat with a light texture and the skills to make the matching mitten set in the pattern. By Rebecca Cook.
K123 Oct. 2 (Sun.), 1:30-3:30 p.m. 4 weeks $54.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
· The Yarn Barn follows Douglas County COVID recommendations. At this time, masks are not required. If the situation changes, our policy will change to reflect County recommendations.
· All class enrollments must include payment.
· Students must be 16 years or older to sign up for classes.
· Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to class starting to receive a refund.
· If we are threading a loom for you, cancellations must be made 2 weeks prior to class to receive a refund.
· Yarn Barn will cancel a class 3 days prior to class start if the enrollment is below the minimum number; refunds will be issued.
· Unless noted, materials are not included in the class fee; we have a recommended list of supplies for each class.
· Students will receive 15%-20% off yarns during the class period.
Want to hear about new classes as soon as they start enrolling? Sign up for an e-mail notification!
Yarn Barn accepts Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and Yarn Barn gift certificates on this website.
Mail order telephone answered Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00, Saturday 9:00-1:00. All times Central.
©2022 Yarn Barn of Kansas. All Rights Reserved.