The Mighty Wolf loom is a jack loom with the weaving width of a standard floor loom but the foldability of a workshop loom. It has a 36" weaving width and is available in two versions: eight harness and four now-four later. If you choose the four now-four later option, your loom will arrive with four harnesses but with the capacity to add four more later. No matter which model you pick, your loom will arrive almost fully assembled. You need only tie on the apron bars, assemble the crank, screw in the beater pins, and put the heddles into the harness frames. The loom is made of maple wood and is manufactured in Boulder, Colorado.
All Mighty Wolf looms have:
- the same parallel lamm system as the larger, standard Schacht floor looms
- easy treadle tie-up with pre-measured cords
- built-in tray over the castle to keep tools handy
- 1000 inserted eye heddles
- stainless steel reed and heddle bars
- two lease sticks and three apron bars
- friction brake on the warp beam and ratchet brake on the cloth beam
- removable back beam for easy threading
- brass reed hook
The Mightly Wolf is a great loom even in its base model, but there are many options that allow you to customize your loom to suit your interests. You can add:
- a double back beam that gives you the option of tensioning two sets of warp threads separately (useful for doubleweave or seersucker)
- height extenders that accommodate very tall weavers
- stroller wheels that attach to the base of the Mighty Wolf and allow you to easily move the folded loom
- a sectional beam with 2" sections and a 12" circumference for sectional warping
- a raddle, useful for spreading the warp when warping from back to front
- the Wolf Trap, a nifty tool tray that mounts on the breast beam
One stainless steel reed comes with the loom. Choose from 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15 dent reed Enter your choice in the text box above. Loom ships with 12 dent reed if no preference is listed.
Dimensions: 45" wide, 33" deep, 41" tall, 18" deep when folded
Weight: 94 lb. for eight harness; 80 lb. for four now-four later
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.