With Louet's Spring, you get a compact countermarch loom, offering the benefits of the countermarch operation but with a smaller footprint and profile. In addition, the Spring has a unique feature: a floating breast beam that actually moves as you weave. As the shed opens, the beam moves closer to the castle. As the shed closes, the beam returns to its original position. The result is uniform tension whether the warp is open or closed and when you are weaving close to the breast beam or nearer to the castle. Because the Spring is countermarch, you have a large shed even when the warp is under high tension, less stress on the warp threads, and less waste as you are able to weave closer to the end of the warp.
Two widths are available: the Spring 90 has a 35 3/8" weaving width while the Spring 110 has a 43 1/4" weaving width. Either width can be ordered as an eight harness loom with ten treadles or a twelve harness loom with fourteen treadles. The loom is made of lacquered beech.
The Spring includes:
- built-in raddle
- built-in tool tray
- 10 dent reed
- 600 texsolv heddles for the Spring 90 and 800 texsolv heddles for the Spring 110
- friction brake on the warp beam and metal ratchet brake on the cloth beam
- front hinged treadles
- parallel countermarch system
- tie-ups using Texsolv cord connecting to screw heads on the treadles
- center handle on beater to encourage uniform beat
- height adjustment mechanism on beater
- foldable back beam to allow passage through a standard door
- 2 lease sticks
- 16 warp sticks
The Spring can be customized with optional accessories. Please contact us for help in adding any of the following to your loom order:
- second warp and back beams
- sectional beam with 1" sections
- flying Dutchman shuttle
- fly shuttle device
- four harness expansion kit (for up to twelve harnesses)
Dimensions for the Spring 90: 46" wide; 37" deep; 45 1/4" high; weight: 84 lbs. (add 12 lbs. for a twelve harness loom)
Dimensions for the Spring 110: 53" wide; 37" deep; 45 1/4" high; weight: 95 lbs. (add 12 lbs. for a twelve harness loom)
The loom ships in two boxes. The castle structure ships already assembled, with the cords installed. The remaining loom parts require assembly.
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.