Available for pre-order for December-January delivery:
- 4 David 70 looms
- 3 David 90 looms
Louet designed the David to be a compact loom but with a unique sinking-shed action. A system of springs and cams lowers the harnesses, rather than lifting them, resulting in light, springy treadling and a large shed with less effort than a typical rising-shed jack loom. It makes the treadling faster, too. The tie-up is made to metal lamms, which allows any combination of harnesses to be lowered. Three weaving widths are available: the David 70 has a 27 5/8" weaving width, the David 90 has a 35 3/8" weaving width, and the David 110 has a 43 1/2" weaving width. The loom is made of lacquered beech and includes:
- eight harnesses and ten treadles
- ratchet brakes on warp and cloth beams
- beater that pivots from the bottom and can be removed for back-to-front threading
- built-in raddle with wooden covers
- tension brake on warp beam; ratchet brake on cloth beam
- back beam that folds in for storage
- built-in tool shelf
- 800 texsolv heddles (11")
- 10 dent stainless steel reed
- 2 lease sticks
- 16 warp sticks
There are a number of optional accessories to customize your David:
- second warp and back beam
- sectional beam with 1" sections
- flying Dutchman shuttle
Dimensions for David 70: 34 1/4" wide; 33 1/2" deep; 50" high; weight: 66 lbs.
Dimensions for David 90: 42" wide; 33 1/2" deep; 50" high; weight: 77 lbs.
Dimesions for David 110: 52" wide; 33 1/2" deep; 50" high
The David ships with the castle already assembled and cords installed. The rest of the loom requires assembly.
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.