TAPESTRY ON RIGID HEDDLE OR HARNESS LOOM
INTRODUCTION TO TAPESTRY WEAVING
Tapestry weaving can be done on a frame, rigid heddle, or harness loom. We will be working on rigid heddle looms and floor looms to create a small tapestry. Using slit and diagonal techniques, we will weave a design based on a simple illustration. If you plan to use one of our looms, be sure to sign up for the loom rental listed below. You will need to buy 1-2 colors each of Lamb's Pride Worsted and Malabrigo Worsted yarn for your weft. By Bea Bonanno.
W22 Nov. 2-3 (Sat.-Sun.), 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 2 days $75.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
W22M Loom rental and pre-threading $25.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
SUPPLEMENTAL WEFT TAPESTRY
In this class, we will be creating designs on plain weave fabric using inlaid supplemental wefts. This technique is a bit faster than traditional tapestry and creates a lightweight ground cloth with individual forms woven within. Use up your oddments and have fun with color! We recommend that you bring your own loom, but you may also rent one from us. By Bea Bonanno.
W26 Oct. 4 (Fri.), 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., 1 day $65.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
W26M Loom rental and pre-threading $25.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
INTRODUCTION TO FRAME LOOM WEAVING
Frame loom weaving is a fun way to incorporate color and texture into a simple weave structure. We will teach you how to thread your loom and weave simple shapes and designs. You will need a frame loom for this class. We recommend the Harrisville Designs Peg Loom ($26.95). Bring oddments of textured yarns and lots of colors to weave with. By Bea Bonanno.
P14 Dec. 1 (Sun.), 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., 1 day $65.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
· All class enrollments must include payment.
· Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to class starting in order to receive a refund.
· If we are threading a loom for you, cancellations must be made 7 days prior to class in order to receive a refund.
· Yarn Barn will cancel a class 3 days prior to class start if the enrollment is below 4 participants; refunds will be issued.
· Unless noted, materials are not included in the class fee; we have a recommended list of supplies for each class.
· Students will receive 20% off yarns during the class period