The Petite carder is Strauch's machine for those with budget or space constraints who still want a versatile and high-quality carder. It comes with same 128-tooth cloth of Strauch's Finest 405 carder and the 4:1 ratio of the 200 series carders. Here's what you get with the Petite:
- a drum 6 3/4" wide to produce a batt approximately 6" wide and 22" long
- the popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user
- a Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum
- a small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker drum
- the Brush Attachment to hold fibers down; especially useful for fine fibers
- a table clamp to secure the carder.
The Petite carder's frame is made from durable MDF; the carder is belt driven. The carder ships assembled. The Strauch carders come with a lifetime guarantee covering all labor should readustment, repair, replacement, or modification be required. They are made in New Castle, Virginia.