The pinwheel is a color-and-weave design that is usually done on four or more harnesses. If you have a rigid heddle loom, a pick-up stick, and a little time, you can do pinwheel, too. We've used 3/2 Perle Cotton in contrasting colors and sett it at 12 or 12.5 ends per inch. Stripes of color in both the warp and the weft, worked using a pick-up technique, create the look of spinning pinwheels.
- makes 2 towels, 12" x 22"
- pick-up and color-and-weave effect
- 14" weaving width sett at 12 or 12.5 epi
- designed for 3/2 Perle mercerized cotton
- challenge--pick-up requires careful thread counting
PAPER VERSION OR EMAILED VERSION? We now make this pattern available either as a mailed hard copy or emailed as a pdf. Use the drop down box above to choose which version you prefer. If you order an emailed pdf, there is no shipping applied to the emailed pattern.