Want to hear about new classes as soon as enrollment begins? Sign up for an e-mail notification!
INTERMEDIATE SPINNING CLASSES:
These are classes intended for independent and comfortable spinners. In some cases, we recommend that you bring your own spinning wheel because "homework" is required.
DROP SPINDLE SPINNING THE NEXT LEVEL
If you have a good handle on spinning on the drop spindle, take it to the next level. In this class, you will learn plying techniques and review the basics of good drop spindle spinning. You will need to bring spun singles to class, a drop spindle, and some extra wool fiber. By Samantha Stopple.
S17 Oct. 17 (Sun.), 10:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. 1 day $40.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
PLY THAT YARN
In this class we will cover how to manage singles while making a two-ply yarn, finishing your yarn, and how to measure it. We will also discuss what makes a good, plied yarn, why you want to ply a yarn, and things that are valuable to track when you are spinning so you can make that same yarn again.
Please bring two bobbins of hand-spun singles to class that have least 1oz of singles each. You can bring your own wheel or use one of ours.
S21 Oct. 31 (Sun) 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. 1day Samantha Stopple $35.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
S22 Nov. 14 (Sun.), 10 a.m.- 12:30 p.m. 1 day Samantha Stopple $35.00 LEARN MORE AND ENROLL NOW!
· Masks must be worn over your nose and mouth throughout class.
· Classes will have smaller maximum enrollment numbers for greater distancing.
· All class enrollments must include payment.
· Students must be 16 years or older to sign up for classes.
· Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to class starting in order to receive a refund.
· If we are threading a loom for you, cancellations must be made 7 days prior to class in order to receive a refund.
· Yarn Barn will cancel a class 3 days prior to class start if the enrollment is below the minimum number; refunds will be issued.
· Unless noted, materials are not included in the class fee; we have a recommended list of supplies for each class.
· Students will receive 20% off yarns during the class period.