Boy Sweater? No way--this cutie looks great on a girl, too! The sweater is knit from the top down in one piece. The yoke is knit flat with raglan-shaped shoulders and then the stitches are joined in the round below the armholes. The body is worked in the round down to the bottom, using a 4-row textured stitch for the lower body. Picked up stitches are added to reserved stitches at the armhole and the sleeves are worked to the cuff in the round. Short rows are used to shape the collar. This sweater is sized for 3 mo (6 mo, 18 mo, 2 yr, 4 yr, 6 yr, 8 yr) with finished chest measurements of 17.5 (19.25, 20, 21.5, 22.75, 25.25, 27.75, 28.5)". The Boy Sweater can be machine washed and dried flat. Designed by Lisa Chemery.
For this project you will need DK to worsted weight yarn and:
- For 22.75" chest and smaller: 16" circular needle in US size 6 and 8 OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- For 25.25" chest and larger: 24" circular needle in US size 6 and 8 OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- double point needles in US size 8
- double point needles in US size 6
- 4 stitch markers
- 2 stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2) 3/8" buttons
- tapestry needle
To buy the kit for this pattern, see our Boy Sweater kit page.