Meryton is a classic yoked sweater with a flattering neckline and elegant lace detail. It is worked in the round from the top down, beginning with a ribbed neck. Short rows shape the yoke and the lace is worked following a large, easy-to-read chart. Stitches are held at the arm openings for the sleeves while the body is completed in stockinette, then the sleeves are worked downward, with ribbing at the lower edges. Meryton is available in eight sizes, with finished chest measurements of 32.5 (36.5, 40.5, 44.5, 48.5, 52.5, 56.5, 60.5)" and lengths of 21 (21, 21.5, 22, 22, 22.5, 23, 23)". It can be hand washed and dried flat. Berroco rates this Amy Christoffers design as requiring intermediate skill level.
It isn't just the design that sets Meryton apart--the yarn is just as striking. Skye, from Berroco, is a unique mix of wool for warmth and resilience, viscose for shine, yak for luxury, and nylon for strength. It is knit here at 6 stitches per inch for a wearable weight and a very elegant look.
For this project you will also need:
- 4 (4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7) skeins Berroco Skye
- 29" circular needle in size US 5 OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- 16" circular needle in size US 5
- 29" circular needle in size US 3
- 16" circular needle in size US 3
- double point needles US size 5
- double point needles in size US 3
- stitch marker
- waste yarn to hold sleeve stitches
- tapestry needle
The Meryton pullover is shown in Skye color 7650 Dorado.