Derecho is a cute little top that looks great as it is in the summer and works under a jacket or cardigan in the winter. It is knit in Remix Light, a DK-weight blend of five recycled fibers: nylon, cotton, acrylic, silk, and linen that has a great tweedy look and nice drape. It is knit in one piece from the top down. Short rows shape the neck and lower edges, which dip lower toward the front and back center. The circular yoke has raglan increases for the shoulders. Stitches are held on waste yarn for the sleeves while the body is completed and then stitches are picked up at the armhole to join the reserved stitches for a simple sleeve edging. Finished chest measurements are 34 (37, 40, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58)" with lengths of 23 (24, 24.5, 25, 25.5, 25.75, 26, 26.25, 26.5)". It can be machine washed and dried flat. Designed by Alison Green.
For this project you will need:
- 2 (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4) skeins Remix Light
- 29" circular needle in US size 5 (OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE)
- 29" circular needle in US size 3
- 16" circular needle in US size 5
- 16" circular needle in US size 3
- double point needles in US size 3
- 5 stitch markers
- waste yarn or stitch holders
- tapestry needle
Derecho is shown in Remix Light color 6993 Pepper. If you would like to order the kit for this pattern, see our Derecho Kit page to view the options.