Voe, you had us at hello. We love the almost demure design with simple, slim shaping, of course, but also the use of color, from the brightness of the accents to the single line of contrast at the hem and cuff. This is a sweater that will never go out of style and will get compliments every time it is worn. It is knit from the bottom up in the round, with the body and sleeves knit separately and then joined at the underarms. The yoke is worked in the round following a full-color chart for the colorwork. Short rows shape the upper back and neck. This sweater was designed to be worn with 1-3" of ease. Finsihed chest measurements are 32 (35.5, 39, 42.75, 46.25, 49.75, 53.25)" with finished lengths of 25.75 (26, 27, 27.25, 28.25, 28.75, 29.5)" at the back. It can be hand washed and dried flat. Brooklyn Tweed has assigned this Gudrun Johnston design a skill level rating of 4 out of 5 (Adventurous Intermediate!).
Voe uses Brooklyn Tweed's fingering weight wool called Loft. Loft is a woolen-spun wool that has a soft, fuzzy texture after wet blocking and makes a warm shawl that is lightweight for its volume.
For this project you will need:
- 32" circular needles in US size 3 (OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE)
If you adjusted the size above to get gauge, adjust the needles below correspondingly.
- 24" circular needle in US size 3 (same size as above)
- 16" circular needle in US size 3
- double point needles in US size 3 (same size as above)
- 32" circular needles in US size 4 (one size larger than above)
- double point needles in US size 4 (one size larger than above)
- stitch markers, including a unique one for beginning of round
- locking stitch markers
- stitch holders or waste yarn
- T-pins for blocking
- tapestry needle
Voe is shown in Loft main color 129 Truffle Hunt with accent colors 111 Embers and 118 Camper.
All Brooklyn Tweed patterns are printed on Forest Stewardship Council-certified, acid-free paper.