Start spinning with an Ashford Kiwi 3--smooth treadling, medium speed, and a good price point making it a practical choice for beginners. It has folding treadles so it is perfect for spinning on the go! The wheel itself is made from Medium Density Fiberboard and the frame from silver beech. Ashford has made a number of improvements on the Kiwi 2 to make the new version even easier to use and more portable.
The Kiwi 3 has:
- wheel diameter: 17.5"
- orifice: 3/8"
- orifice height: 28"
- bobbin capacity: 3-4oz
- ratios: 5.5, 7.5, 9.5:1
- weight: 12lb
- sliding hook flyer with 1/2" hooks
- polyurethane hinges for easy, smooth treadling
- 3 large bobbins and built-in lazy kate
- snap-in front flyer bearing for easy bobbin change
The Kiwi 3 is a well rounded wheel by itself, but there are two optional flyers that can be added to broaden the range of ratios. These are:
- Kiwi Hi-speed adapter kit with ratios of 7.5, 10, and 15:1
- Kiwi Super Flyer unit with 1 1/8" orifice and 3 super-sized bobbins
The Kiwi 3 wheel comes unassembled; choose unfinished or lacquer finish.