Ashford has designed a table loom that is sturdy but folds to a 7" thickness, even when warped, for easy transport. Three weaving widths are available: 16, 24, and 32", and each in either four or eight harnesses. The 24" loom also comes in a 16 harness version. The loom has:
- top slung beater
- front-mounted harness levers with light and easy action
- elastic cords to draw the beater back to maximize weaving area
- 8.62" Texsolv heddles (320 for the 16" width; 480 for the 24; 640 for the 32"; and 1280 for the 24" 16 harness)
- plastic ratchet brakes on the warp and cloth beams
- 10 dent stainless reed on 4 and 8 harness versions; 12 dent stainless reed on 16 harness loom
- two flat shuttles
- two threading hooks
Options include a stand with four treadles and second back beam.
The looms are made in Ashburton, New Zealand of a wood called silver beech. They come finished with a hard lacquer but require assembly.
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.