When something is used every day, it should be both useful and attractive. These summer and winter towels fit the bill. They are woven of absorbent 8/2 unmercerized cotton in a fun combination of colors and pattern. The warp is sett at 18 epi. Summer and winter uses two shuttles--one for the tabby and one for the pattern. In this design, the tabby color changes for each towel while the pattern weft striping remains the same, giving you four towels that coordinate but are not identical.
- makes 4 towels, each 18.25" x 22"
- 4-harness summer and winter
- 21.5" weaving width sett at 18 epi
- designed for 8/2 unmercerized cotton (3 colors)
- challenge--treadling combinations require keeping track of colors and blocks
We have chosen purple, pumpkin, and grass green for our towels.
PAPER VERSION OR EMAILED VERSION? We now make this pattern available either as a mailed hard copy or emailed as a pdf. Use the drop down box above to choose which version you prefer. If you order an emailed pdf, there is no shipping applied to the emailed pattern.