INTERMEDIATE RIGID HEDDLE CLASSES:
The weaving classes listed below are designed for those who have done some weaving before or have taken the Beginning Rigid Heddle class.
DOUBLE WEAVE ON A RIGID HEDDLE LOOM
Learn how to weave double the width of your rigid heddle loom to make a lap blanket using a DK weight knitting yarn like Baby Blossom DK. You will learn how to warp and set up your loom to make a cloth twice the width of the warp. For this intermediate class, you are required to bring your own rigid heddle loom with the loom already set-up to use either two 7.5-dent or two 8-dent heddles. You may need to purchase a block kit to accommodate the 2nd heddle if your loom is not equipped for it. By Patti Ruether.
W20 Oct. 26 (Sat.), 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., 1 day $75.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
PLAN-A-PROJECT ON THE RIGID HEDDLE LOOM
How do you go from an idea to a beautiful woven piece? We will discuss how to select materials and determine sett, warp the loom, and begin weaving a project of your very own design! You will need to bring your own fully assembled rigid heddle loom that is in good working condition to class. If you have never woven on a rigid heddle loom or if it has been a few years, please take a Beginning Rigid Heddle Weaving class first. You may need to purchase an additional heddle for class depending on the type of yarn you choose for your project. We ask that you choose a single heddle project only-- no double weave or 2-heddle projects-- but your yarn choices are practically unlimited! By Bea Bonanno.
W25 Sept. 14-15 (Sat.-Sun.) 10 a.m.-4 p.m. 2 days $85.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
W24 Nov. 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.) 10 a.m.- 4 p.m., 2 days $85.00 LEARN MORE AND SIGN UP
· All class enrollments must include payment.
· Cancellations must be made 3 days prior to class starting in order to receive a refund.
· If we are threading a loom for you, cancellations must be made 7 days prior to class in order to receive a refund.
· Yarn Barn will cancel a class 3 days prior to class start if the enrollment is below 4 participants; refunds will be issued.
· Unless noted, materials are not included in the class fee; we have a recommended list of supplies for each class.
· Students will receive 20% off yarns during the class period