By Becky Ashenden with photographs by Ernie Conover. The Vävstuga Weaving School in Massachusetts specializes in teaching traditional Scandinavian weaving techniques. Vävstuga's instructor Becky Ashenden walks you through the steps of warping a large countermarch or counterbalance loom using traditional methods. The process is recorded in 280 photographs taken from right at Becky's side.
The steps covered include:
- winding the warp on a vertical mill
- preparing the loom by detatching the treadles, harnesses, and horses
- presleying and beaming the warp using a trapeze
- threading and sleying from back to front
- tying up for both counterbalance and countermarch systems
This is a compact landscape-format book, measuring 8.5" x 5.5" (plus spiral). The spiral binding means that you can open it fully and lay it flat as you work.
Softcover, spiral bound, 135 pages