The Baby Wolf is a foldable jack loom made in Colorado of beautiful and sturdy maple wood. It has a 26" weaving width and is available with four harnesses, eight harnesses, or the four now-four later option. If you choose the four now-four later loom, your loom will arrive with four harnesses but the capacity to add four more later. No matter which style you choose, your loom will arrive fully assembled. You need only tie on the apron bars and put the heddles into the heddle frames.
All Baby Wolf looms have the same parallel lamm system as the larger, standard Schacht floor looms and the same easy tie-up, but fold for easy transport or storage. Stainless steel reed and heddle bars are standard. The warp beam has a friction brake and the cloth beam has a ratchet brake. The back beam is removable for threading. Many optional accessories make the Baby Wolf particularly versatile:
- the high castle tray, offering storage above the harnesses
- a double back beam that gives you the option of tensioning two sets of warp threads separately (useful for doubleweave or seersucker)
- height extenders that accommodate very tall weavers
- stroller wheels that attach to the base of the Baby Wolf and allow you to easily move the folded loom
- a sectional beam with 2" sections and a 12" circumference for sectional warping
- a raddle, useful for spreading the warp when warping from back to front
- the Wolf Trap, a nifty tool tray that mounts on the breast beam
The four harness Baby Wolf comes with 400 inserted eye heddles; the eight harness has 800.
One stainless steel reed comes with the loom. Choose from 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15 dent reed. Enter your choice in the text box above. Loom ships with 12 dent reed if no preference is listed.
Dimensions: 34" wide: 35" deep; 33" high; 18" deep when folded
Weight: 53 lb. for four harness; 71 lb. for eight harness; 59 lb. for four now-four later
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside of this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
Need accessories, yarn, DVDs or books to go with your new loom? We offer discounts on these when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a package and save!