The Country Spinner 2 is the wheel for spinning or plying really bulky yarns. The double treadle makes for smooth, easy treadling and the large orifice allows easy passage of chunky or textured yarns. The giant bobbins hold plenty of even very thick yarn. The Country Spinner has been around for years, but Ashford has recently introduced a new version with updated features for even easier spinning. It has:
- 18" wheel diameter
- 1 1/8" orifice
- 1 bobbin with capacity of up to 2.2 pounds
- Ratios of 3, 4 and 5:1
- Weight: 14.5 pounds
- sliding hook flyer
- built-in lazy kate that can hold two bobbins during plying
- polyurethane con-rod joints and treadle hinges for smooth, even treadling
The Country Spinner comes unassembled but can be ordered with a clear finish on the wood or unfinished so you can stain or lacquer it yourself.
- Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this wheel to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
- Need fiber to go with your new wheel? We offer discounts on fiber when you order it at the same time as your wheel. Put together a package and save!