Placing a warp-faced band in the center of a balanced-weave band created a fun fabric but brought up some interesting tension-related challenges. Learn from our adventure by making a pair of fun and functional dish towels. We threaded 8/2 cotton at 20 epi and doubled ends of 16/2 cotton at 40 doubled epi (80 threads total per inch). The 16/2 cotton stripes are warp faced while the rest of the towel is more balanced. It is woven in easy plain weave so that you can concentrate on contrasting densities of the warp threads.
- makes 2 towels, each 18.5" x 25.5"
- warp-faced and balanced plain weave (2 harnesses)
- 18" weaving width sett up to 40 doubled epi
- designed for 16/2 and 8/2 unmercerized cotton
- challenge--warp yarn is fine and somewhat delicate
PAPER VERSION OR EMAILED VERSION? We now make this pattern available either as a mailed hard copy or emailed as a pdf. Use the drop down box above to choose which version you prefer. If you order an emailed pdf, there is no shipping applied to the emailed pattern.