For 2019, Schacht's 50th Anniversary cherry looms join their three maple models.
For 2019 only, we have the 50th Anniversary models of the LT and 8.10. These models:
- are made of beautiful US-sourced cherry wood
- carry a gold-plated medallion marking them as 50th Anniversary models
- come with with a matching cherry Trap
- the 8.10 also includes a cherry Stroller
- can be ordered with cherry high castle tray or double back beam (call us!)
The 50th Anniversary Wolf Pup LT and 8.10 will begin shipping in May.
The Wolf Pup combines the portability of a table loom with the weaving speed of a floor loom. It has an 18" weaving width and folds for storage or transport. This loom comes in three versions in maple:
- 4 harness/4 treadle The original model retains the same sturdy maple wood construction of all Schacht looms but dispenses with the lamm system in order to keep the weight minimal (38 lbs). Each treadle controls one harness. Need to lift two harnesses? Step on two treadles at once.
- 4 harness/6 treadle Called the "LT", it has a lamm system so you can tie multiple harnesses to each treadle.
- 8 harness/10 treadle AKA the "8.10", this version has been modified from the original Wolf Pup design to allow it to accommodate ten treadles. The front legs have been moved outward to make room and the brake pedal has been moved to the outside of the loom.
The Wolf Pup arrives almost completely assembled. You need only tie on the apron bars, tap in the beater pins, assemble the crank handle, attach the front beam extension,and put the heddles in the harness frames. The Wolf Pup has:
- 18" weaving width
- 300 inserted eye heddles on the 4 harness versions and 600 heddles on the 8 harness Pup
- built-in wheels to make moving a breeze
- built-in Treadle Tracker that lets you clip your treadling sequence at eye-level
- friction brake on the warp beam and ratchet brake on the cloth beam
- stainless steel reed and heddle bars
- built-in wheels on the back legs to make moving the loom easy
The Wolf Pup can be outfitted with optional equipment to expand your weaving possibilities:
- double back beam
- high castle tray
- sectional beam
- Stroller heavy duty wheels for 8.10 to make it even easier to move around
The Wolf Pup is available with 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15 dent stainless steel reed. Enter your choice in the text box above. Loom ships with 12 dent reed if no preference is listed.
4 harness/ 4 treadle 26” wide, 35” tall, 33” deep, 16” deep folded. Weight 38 lbs
4 harness/6 treadle (LT) 26” wide, 35” tall, 33” deep, 16” deep folded. Weight 40 lbs
8 harness/10 treadle 26” wide, 35” tall, 35” deep, 19” deep folded. Weight 69 lbs
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.