Amari is a pullover top with a simple design and casual style, but sized for 2 to 10-year olds. Garter ridges and eyelets accent the yoke and a shirttail hem is a sporty finish. It is knit from the top down in the round in one piece. Short rows shape the neck and hem, while ragland shaping forms the shoulders. A garter stitch edgeing finishes the sleeves. Recommended ease for this design is 2-4". Finished chest measurements are 22 (24, 26, 27.5, 30)" with lengths of 13.5 (15, 16.5, 17.5, 19)". It can be machine washed on delicate and dried flat. Berroco rates this Alison Green design as requiring intermediate skills.
Amari is knit in a terrific yarn for kids: Berroco's summer-weight Remix Light. It is a blend of 30% nylon, 27% cotton, 24% acrylic, 10% silk, and 9% linen and it isn't scratchy or hot. The yarn is a tweed, for a casual, relaxed look. It is a DK-weight and is knit here at 5.5 stitches per inch.
The kit includes the pattern and yarn. For this project you will also need:
- 16" circular needle in US size 5 (OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE)If you changed the size above to get gauge, adjust the sizes below correspondingly
- 24" circular needle in US size 3
- 16" circular needle in US size 5
- 16" circular needle in US size 3
- double point needles in US size 3
- 5 stitch markers, including unique one for beginning of round
- tapestry needle
Amari is shown in Remix Light color 6917 Periwinkle. If you would like your kit to be in this color, order it above, using the pull-down menu to select the size. If you would like to pick your own color, see our Remix Light page to view the options. Then return to this page, order the kit, and tell us your color choice in the box above.