The Strauch 405 carder comes with 128 teeth per inch, the most common for all-around carding. The slicker-licker (small drum) has broader straight teeth which allow less build up on the small drum. As with their other full-width carders, this is chain driven for reliability, and it is easy to see that this drum carder is the complete package--here's what you get:
- a large drum 7" in diameter and 8 1/4" wide to produce a batt approximately 8" wide and 22" long
- a Doffer/Cleaner Brush to thoroughly and easily clean any residual fibers from the carding drum
- the popular Knuckle-Saving-Batt-Pick, an invaluable tool for removing the batt without damage to the equipment or the user
- a small cleaner/dabber brush for use on the licker drum
- the Brush Attachment to hold fibers down; especially useful for fine fibers
- a teasing tool to open locks prior to carding
- table clamps to anchor the carder to the work surface
The solid ash frame of the Strauch Finest is 6" tall, which allows full motion of the crank without having the carder sit at the edge of the work surface. The tung oil finish is just one more nice feature of this Finest machine.
The Strauch carders come with a lifetime guarantee covering all labor should readustment, repair, replacement, or modification be required. They are made in New Castle, Virginia.