Schacht 46" Floor Loom
The 46" Schacht standard floor loom can be customized with a number of options to suit your needs. You can choose from:
- eight harnesses or four now-four later (The four now-four later comes with four harnesses but with the castle capacity to add four more later.)
- maple or cherry wood
- low castle for a lower profile or high castle for handy storage and additional loom weight
All Schacht standard floor looms arrive completely assembled, with only the apron bars to be tied on and the heddles slipped onto their bars. Each comes with stainless steel heddle bars, 1000 inserted eye heddles, and a stainless reed of your choice. The tie-up system is easy, with pre-measured cords that slide into a slot from the back of each treadle. The front and back beams lift off for ease in threading, and the entire warp beam section folds up for moveability or warping. The cloth beam has a ratchet brake and the warp beam has a cabled friction brake. The jack mechanism is a parallel lamm system which makes for a light treadling action.
There are several options available for the standard floor looms:
- the double back beam, useful for structures which require some warp threads to be controlled under separate tension
- a lamp holder that can be mounted to side of the low castle loom to support an extension lamp
- a sectional beam with two-inch sections and an 18-inch circumference
- two additional treadles, for a total of 12
- a maple or cherry bench, available with coordinating bench bags for side storage
One stainless steel reed comes with the loom. Choose from a 6, 8, 10, 12, or 15-dent reed. Enter your choice in the text box above. Loom ships with 12 dent reed if no preference is listed.
Dimensions: 53" wide, 38" deep, 37" tall for low castle; 46" tall for high castle
Weight: 125 lb. for low castle four now-four later; 141 lb. for eight harness low castle; high castle adds ten pounds to these weights
- Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
- We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.