Ellery has a loose, comfortable fit but doesn't look slouchy thanks to smart details like the overall waffle stitch pattern, the ribbed yoke, and curved vents at the sides. It is knit in one piece from the top down, with raglan shaping at the shoulders. Stitches are held in reserve for the sleeves at the armholes and then worked downward in the round after the body is finished. Ellery is knit using Berroco's Cotolana, a worsted-weight blend of wool and cotton, with a touch of nylon for stability. This sweater is designed to be worn with 6-8" of ease. The finished chest measurements are 38.25 (41.75, 44.5, 49, 53.25, 57, 60.5)" with finished lengths of 25.25 (26.25, 26.5, 26.5, 27, 28, 28.75)" from the base of the collar. It can be machine washed and dried flat.
The kit includes the pattern and yarn. For this project you will also need:
- 36" circular needle in US size 8 OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- 16" circular needle in US size 8
- 36" circular needle in US size 6
- 16" circular needle in US size 6
- double pointed needles in US size 6
- double pointed needles in US size 4
- 4 stitch markers, including 1 of a different color for beginning of round
- waste yarn for holding stitches
- tapestry needle
Ellery is shown in Cotolana color 3526 Lombardy. If you would like to use this color, simply order the kit above. If you would like to select your own color, please see our Cotolana page to view the options. Then return to this page, order the kit, and tell us your color choice in the box above.