Ashford designed the Katie to be the most portable eight harness loom on the market. It has a weaving width of 12.25", perfect for scarves, table linens, or sampling, but weighs only a little over 14 pounds. When not in use, it folds very compactly, even with a warp in place, and stores in its own padded carrying bag. The loom is made in New Zealand of silver beech wood and comes finished and assembled.
The loom features
- front-mounted levers to raise the harnesses
- strong nylon locking cogs and pawls
- bungy cords to pull the beater back toward the castle after beating
- fold-away beater for easy threading
- 10 dent stainless steel reed
- 320 Texsolv heddles (8.62")
- treading hooks
- padded canvas carrying bag with adjustable strap
Dimensions unfolded for weaving: 18 1/4" wide; 29 " deep; 18 3/8" high
Dimensions folded: 18 1/4" wide; 10 1/2" deep; 18 3/4" high
Weight: 14.25 lbs.
Yarn Barn will pay the shipping on this loom to any street address within the 48 contiguous states. If you are outside this geographic area, we will pay a portion of your shipping.
We offer discounts on yarns, DVDs, books, and most accessories when you order them at the same time as your loom. Put together a combination and call us at 800-468-0035 or e-mail us for a package price.